Generally, people don’t have to do anything for their 3 months old baby to learn or know something; it happens as per time. All you have to do is recognise their actions and react to it accordingly. You have to do exactly what they want, help them in completing the activities they want to get along with. Recognising the little milestones be it crawling, babbling, small movements, rolling etc. is what we as parents need to do.
And, there is nothing one needs to worry about because these babies are little learners who need not be pressurised because with due time everything keeps falling into place. Here is a list of activities which are sure to take place in every baby who is 3 months old.
- Some Tummy Play Time: It is one of the essential things for a 3 months old baby to do as this is the time when their senses are working the most. What you have to do is place your baby on a mat or bed on his tummy, because of which the neck is strengthened and so are the arms as well as the trunk of the baby. The baby will learn to crawl and roll. You can also place a toy a little ahead of them, and the baby then will try to reach the toy by pulling themselves on.
- Some Bouncing Ball Games: You can get those large balls that are bouncy and sit on it with your baby on your lap secured. What makes this more fun is when you do this in front of the mirror, your baby will then enjoy, and you can play some excellent songs, so the baby doesn’t cry. The purpose should be to make the action exciting. You can buy ball games at great discounts if you buy them online.
- Communicate/Interact: This is the best stage for parents to indulge in some communicating or interaction because this is when the baby learns. During this time the babies are smiling and laughing at different sounds or when you are talking to them. When a language is spoken regularly to them, they adapt the vocabulary and language well.
- Play with hand and leg rattles/toys: Make your baby wear those soft hand toys that have sound effects on them, now hold their hand and gently press it so that it makes the sound. This way the baby will be surprised and will laugh with joy. It helps the baby understand a cause and effect relationship so, next time whenever the toy is pressed, they will expect some sound is coming from it. Similarly, foot rattles or colourful socks on a baby’s feet cause the same effect when they put their leg up and play. Also, buying the best toys becomes easy if you choose to apply the discount code while making a purchase.
- Clap and Sing: When the 3 months old learn to use their hands, so they jerk their hands now and then. What you as parents could do, is utilise it in the right direction, you can teach them by holding both their hands to clap them together. And while they applaud you can play an appropriate song that matches the clapping rhythm.
- Make them change positions: Although you play games with your baby while she is lying on the bed or their tummy, helping them change positions during playtime is an important step too. Make noises while you make them sit by carefully holding their neck or by keeping them over your shoulder. See how they see things in different views around themselves.
- Voice Recognition: Even though your baby is more into cooking during this time parents should never stop speaking to them now and then. Do actions while you talk to them, for example, if you are talking about a particular object point it out to them for better understanding? You will notice how they respond with a giggle, babbling or smiling.
- Respond and imitate their actions: When you see them reacting to particular things you must notify and emulate it. You can also respond to it, so they know that every act of theirs has a meaning. Smile when your baby smiles when she is trying to babble something react to them in the required manner. It helps them learn communication well.